Our hospital has a fully equipped pharmacy to quickly meet your pet’s needs.
- New Prescriptions – when the doctor prescribes a new medication for your pet, we prepare it during your appointment
- Refills – please give us 2-3 business days notice when you need a refill so our team may have your prescription ready for pick up prior to your arrival. Due to COVID-19 we have been experiencing an increase in shipping delays and manufacturer backorders. Please do not let you medication run out. If you need a refill expedited there will be an $15 fee.
- PetDesk (see below): This is the quickest and easiest way to request refills of your pet’s medications.
- Over the phone: You may also request refills over the phone. When calling for a refill you will be directed to our pharmacy line where you can leave a message for our pharmacy technician. When leaving a message please include your pet’s name, your name, and the medication you are requesting including the prescription directions. One of our team members will get back to you within 2-3 business days with your prescription.
- Contactless Pick-up – We can take payment over the phone and secure your prescription in a locked mailbox at the front of the building. This allows you to pick up your prescription outside of our normal business hours.
- Written Prescriptions – For medications, we do not stock, our doctors can write a prescription for you to take to the pharmacy
- Online pharmacy – We have an online pharmacy to allow you to quickly and easily order medication online. When you order from our online pharmacy you receive the same guarantee of quality and reliability as you do when picking up from our in-house pharmacy.
Please be aware that we cannot write or fill prescriptions for pets that have not been examined by a doctor within the past year. For some prescriptions, more frequent examinations and/or lab work may be required to continue filling prescriptions.
We recommend you fill prescriptions through our in-house or online pharmacy to ensure you get your medications quickly and accurately.
If you do choose to use another online pharmacy you will need to pick up a written prescription to help minimize complications and delays we have experienced in regards to those pharmacies accepting prescriptions directly from the hospital.